Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

How to make a Toddler Crochet Hat (No marker needed!)








Ch 4 and create a circle of chains with a slip stitch
Row 1: DC 12 times around using the circle in the middle instead of the sts
Rows 2-3: (After completing row 1 connect the last chain the other end of the circle using a slip stitch) Ch 2 (Dc 2, Dc 1, Dc 2) in each of  sts all the way around
Row 4: Connect the circle with a slip stitch, then (Dc 1) in each sts around (Note: You can continue to repeat Row 2 until you have reached your hat's width,the whole purpose of Row 4 is to create your hat's height)
Rows 5-9: Continue to double crochet in each Sts around, then fasten off your ends
FLOWER:
 Chain 4 and slip stitch
Petals: Do 12 Sc in the hole
and then ( Sc, 5 double crochet and a Sc) in the same space, continue to do so in every other space to make 6 petals 
note: glue on flower and pearl



8 comments:

  1. What size hook did you use? And would this fit a 2 T?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Row 2-3, you have (dc 2, dc 1, dc 2) in each st... did you mean (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2)? or dc 5? I want to make this hat for my granddaughter, but I'm a little confused...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I should have read this comment before I tried to fit 5 dc in each stitch. It just wasn't looking right.

      Delete
  3. Double crochet 2 in one st, and then Dc in the next st, then Dc 2 in the next st, repeat this pattern all the way around for rows 2 and 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a 5.0 mm hook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for my 2yr old and it was small... BUT I crochet extremely tight... and she has a big head. So it was kind of a guessing game. I ended up increasing a few more rows to fit her big head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just use a bigger hook. This hat looks really cute

      Delete
  6. Is there a way to make this big enough for a first grader?

    ReplyDelete